zondag 28 februari 2010

Great Ocean Road

Dear all!
I'm sitting on my bed, tired...if I close my eyes a see a coastline, I think the most beautiful coastline I've seen so far...and a road that plays with the sea, going back and forth in a never ending and petrified "catch me if you can"...
This weekend I have been at the Great Ocean Road!
Apart from the feeling of being a real bad tourist that is raced from one hotspot to the other by an entertaining and funny tourguide it was an incredible experience. The weird thing is that you have seen a lot of pictures, even very beautiful pictures, of it and so somehow you think that it can only be worse. But it's not. Somehow the beauty of it is too big to fit in any picture, fotoshopped or not, there is no way we, humans can reproduce something this majestic!
And than there is also the wild koalas. You will find them on particular spots along the way, chilling out in a eucalyptus tree or working on the 1 KG of leaves he/she will consume in one day. Those creatures are so, so, so incredibly cute, you just keep taking pictures of them :)
And you also have a rain forest, just a few kilometers from the sea, with huge trees and ferns and it is weird because at least I am used to rain forest where it is hot and humid and there is a lot of noise...this one was fresh and quite...amazing!
Also you will occasionally walk in to a Kukkaburra (bird) that will patiently and with some curiosity pose for all those hungry tourist wanting to digitally eternalize the moment :)

The sunset at the 12 Apostles was surely something I will carry with me for the rest of my life, and I am planning to see more sunsets there.
I will upload some pictures but, especially regarding the 12 apostles: these pictures cannot tell you enough, I invite you to come here and see by yourself!

Tomorrow starts the new semester and it might sound weird to some of you but I'm actually really looking forward to start classes again!

Cheers!
Sara



I won't spoil this with words...





























But isn't that CUTE?!!!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Woooooow... wat gaaf :-) Ben er stil van. Enne, je uitnodiging neem ik graag aan!

    X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Jemig.. mond vol tanden... Nou ja, geniet er maar van. Ik was al blij met die paar zonnenstraaltjes vandaag :S Wie het kleine niet eert.... (ahhh.. ik wil óók op reis)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen