vrijdag 17 september 2010

Home is where you wanna be

The moment you set foot on Dutch soil, time starts to fly again, you start to think about everything you have to do and organize, you start running, going to bed late and waking up early, but also eating the good healthy food you've missed, seeing the friends you've missed, walking the charming little cobblestone streets of Utrecht, and you dive into a new semester full of interesting stuff, thick books and a lot of essays :)
Still, just three weeks ago I was in Kuala Lumpur...it seems ages ago!
And now it is time to select the pictures, make a book, and digest everything I've seen, learned and experienced. Browsing through the hundreds of pictures I am overwhelmed by a feeling of profound thankfulness for all I was able to see and do! So many beautiful places, so many wonderful moments, such nice people...
From now on Australia, and especially Melbourne, will always mean something special to me! I will always think of the sunsets at Brighton Beach, the evenings in Lentil as Anything, the Royal Botanic Gardens, the sunrise at Uluru, the weeks at the farm in the Northern Territory, the waterfalls of Kakadu National Park, the millions of lights after dark in Sydney, the beautiful beaches, the sunrise at Byron Bay, the hundreds of kilometers behind Wicky's steering wheel, the majestically blue water of Witsunday Island and the fire at the Clairview camp ground with a big, big smile!

The best part is that it doesn't even stop here, and I have one more month full of interesting, new, sometimes heavy, sometimes hilarious, sometimes tiering, sometimes relaxing, but most of all amazing experiences in Cambodia and Vietnam to remember.

These seven months have given me a lot, but probably the most important thing they gave me was a home. More than anything else this time away, in the end, made me realize that, maybe not for ever, maybe not even for a very long time, but definitely for now, Utrecht is my home. And home is the place where you wanna be.
This doesn't mean that I'm not already planning the next trip :) So stay tuned, in five months I'll take off again! Destination is still unknown, but that's part of the adventure :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying tenBrinke Airlines, it was a pleasure to have you on board, and I hope to see you again in the near future!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Heeeeejjj... had je ineens weer een blog! Ik ging eigenlijk per ongeluk even op je blog kijken. Grappig, dat je nu na een paar weken nog wat schrijft...

    Mooie afsluiting van deze 7 maanden!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sara, thankfulness is exactly how I feel about me being in Finland and the Netherlands.. you guys have been my Australia :) :) bedankt

    heh tot straks tenBrinke Airlines ..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen