donderdag 27 januari 2011

And...she's off again!

My dear all,
Not even five months have gone by...five months full of uni, Utrecht, and people dear to my heart, five months of preparation, of reading, writing, questioning and planning. In those five months I have written a research proposal for my upcoming research and now I sit here, in this empty room with only my backpack standing there waiting, round and bright...
Tomorrow I climb into a plane again, this time not to go east but west, all the way over the Atlantic, all the way over the South American continent to land in Lima, Peru. Saturday I continue from there to Cusco, where I will install myself for eleven weeks and my research can begin!
I will work as a volunteer in an organization and do research among street children. Very specifically I will not write in this open space about my research, this blog will be more to keep you updated about the rest of the stuff I am doing and to post some pictures once in a while!
Peru as a country has always been one of those places where I still wanted to go some time, I don't know where the fascination comes from, but it is there. I decided to combine this fascination with another fascination/question I have: "How is it to grow up outside a family/on the street?" "What does that do to the socialization of people?" "Can people live without a family, or will there always be some attempt to (re-)construct or enact the family?"
So those questions will be the theme keeping me busy for the coming eleven weeks. For now, I am just very excited, curious and also a bit scared!
I'll keep you posted!

Love
Sara

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Gaaf Sara!
    Heel gaaf :)
    3 maart vlieg ik naar Panama ook 5 maanden na terugkomst uit Australia.
    Dus voel me een beetje verbonden met je!
    Veel plezier en succes met je onderzoek!
    XXX Leonie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very very exciting, Sara,looking forward to your posts and images ... Veel plezier en success von mij ook ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen